Monday, June 13, 2011

Watermelon!

Today's obsession is watermelon, sweet, juicy, wonderful, delicious watermelon.

My mom makes this sauce that she drizzles over fresh fruit (don't know where she got the recipe) but it's absolutely amazing, and that is specifically what I was craving today.  So here is how you do it:

Start with fresh fruit - I used watermelon and red grapes.  It's also delicious with strawberries, blueberries and cantaloupe, and probably any other fruit!  Cut fruit and place in bowl:



Mix equal parts of lime juice and honey:

Pour mixture over fruit, and enjoy!  I especially like it after it has sat for awhile and all the flavors soak together, I also prefer it chilled. 


I am going to let it sit overnight, and let all the flavors soak together... then I am going to put the watermelon chunks and grapes on skewers and try freezing them, I'm pretty sure it's going to be delicious!  I'll let you know how it turns out!

Here is a recipe from Bon Apetit that I really want to try too! 


No comments:

Post a Comment