Thursday, January 8, 2009

For Kara @ 7 weeks old

I cannot believe you are 7 weeks old today!! Where has all the time gone? This has been the most magical, challenging, rewarding and fulfilling 7 weeks of my life.

We have watched you change and grow so much already! As a newborn and your first week home you were so dependent on us for everything. You instantly responded to your Mommy and Daddy, we could calm you just by holding you. We could stare at you all day long. You are the most beautiful baby! You surprised us with how strong you are, trying to hold your head up so soon, scooting around on the floor on your belly. You were smiling at us by 2 weeks old, everyone told us it was just gas, but we know that you were truly smiling. By 3 weeks you were smiling and talking so much more, it is so amazing to watch you change each day and each week. We see you focus on objects, and listen to sounds, you are always so alert. You know your mommy and daddy so well, you know our voices, our scents, our loving touch. We love to talk to you and watch you respond, your eyes light up and your smile is contagious.

You amaze me everyday. It is amazing how much love I have for you, such a tiny little person, You are a spitting image of your daddy. No matter how tired, sick, sad or cranky I am, as soon as I see your smile you change my world. I love you more than anything. I promise to always love you, encourage you, and support you. I have to go back to work soon and it breaks my heart. I will miss our morning nap, snuggling with you on the couch, and watching you explore the world around you. I cannot wait to see what the next 7 weeks bring, I know that you will continue to change so much! I love you baby girl!

No comments:

Post a Comment