Monday, April 26, 2010

I did it!!!

I completed my first ever 5k!!! And I even said it was fun afterwards!!  After almost 2 full moths of absolutely beautiful weather the skies decided to pour down on us during the race - we were soaked!  About 1 minute into the run I got a horrible side cramp, not cool.  My goal was to come in around 40 minutes, which would be a pace of 13 mins per mile.  I was averaging about 13-13.5 mins per mile at the gym.  But guess what... I made it in in 37:41.. a 12.08 pace!!!  It was a great experience, and I felt so proud after completing it.  Thanks to my friends for pressuring me into doing something I didn't think I could do!

Here is a picture of the running gang:

And a good old classic Kristin picture... I always go and screw up a good thing... 


And we are considering running another race in July... let me know if you are interested in joining us! 


No comments:

Post a Comment