- After taking a year off from running while pregnant, I completed my first 5k
- Ran for 25 mins and 2 miles without a walk break - this is huge because on the Couch 2 5k plan I got stuck on the week that I had to run 20 mins straight
- Not once during the race did I think - this sucks, why am I doing this, I hate running - I think this is my biggest accomplishment, cause I ALWAYS think those things while running
- This was my first 5k running solo - and I managed to keep myself motivated
- I finished in 38:22, which is right in line with what I was running 1-2 years ago (goal was to finish in under 40)
- I wanted to be down 25# by race day - I met that goal!
- Since the beginning of February (12.5 weeks) I have lost 25 pounds
- Since I had Macy in December I have lost 42 of the 51 pounds that I gained during pregnancy
- My pre-pregnancy clothes are slowly starting to fit me again, I am guessing that in about 1 more month they will all fit!!
Here's a very unflattering picture of me in January right before I started counting calories and exercising:
And a picture from April 21st - 12 weeks after the previous picture (look how big Macy has gotten!)
I still have a long way to go, but I'm very pleased with how far I have come in 12 weeks! Hoping to be down a total of 50 pounds in about 13 more weeks!