Friday, February 3, 2012

Day 3!

Today is day 3 and I am still going strong with calorie counting!  It's ridiculous how quickly the calories add up once you start counting them!  I am trying to get back into the swing of this and trying to remember old foods I used to eat that were healthy, low in calories and kept me full.  Once I get used to eating healthy and smaller portions it's not so hard.

Tonight I went to the grocery store and loaded up on fresh produce and some healthy snacks.  When I got home I made some chicken stir fry with broccoli, red pepper, onion, carrots, pineapple and brown rice, it was pretty good, but the recipe for the sauce included quite a bit of soy sauce - I'd definitely use a different sauce if we make this again!

After dinner I made a bunch of pre-packed snack bags - I think snacks are always the killer to me counting calories, I think I'm hungry and end up eating something I shouldn't have, I'm trying to avoid that by planning in advance!  For my snack bags I counted out pieces to the correct serving size and wrote the # of calories on the outside of the baggie, so rather than sitting down with a bag of potato straws, I can quickly and easily grab a pre-packed bag and know that it is 130 calories.  I also did some dry-roasted peanuts, dark chocolate almonds (not the kind dipped in chocolate), pretzels, celery and broccoli.  I only have one more week of maternity leave - so I hope I can get in some good habits before I go back to work!

I haven't worked out in the last two days.  Yesterday I was too sore from my walk/run the day before and today I really did plan on going to the gym or working out at home, but it's 9:00 and I am just sitting down!  I started cleaning closets in our bedroom today - I cleared out so much stuff and have so many bags ready to donate, it's ridiculous how much stuff we have!  After cleaning I went to the grocery store, brought the groceries in and put them away, made dinner, cleaned up dinner and made my pre-packaged foods... all while helping Joe take care of Kara and Macy... I think I had enough packed in to today!

Alright, that's all for now!  Hoping to get some exercise in tomorrow!

No comments:

Post a Comment