Friday, January 1, 2010

Happy 2010!

Happy New Year everyone!!  I hope everyone had a great time ringing in the new year last night, and hopefully you aren't paying for it too much this morning.  We had a great night with Michelle and Dre.  Michelle made an amazing dinner...bacon wrapped steak bites, iceberg salad and some smashed loaded potatoes, it was all delicious, but I don't even want to think of how many calories were consumed last night!  After we were done eating the dancing began!  We picked up 'Just Dance' for the Wii and it was so much fun!  Its definitely just a party game, there is not really much to it, but apparently I can't dance... who knew??  I thought maybe I could look into taking some rhythm classes to improve on my dancing skills, but Michelle and Joe informed me that rhythm is something you are born with, and apparently I wasn't born with any!  Oh well, it won't stop me from being a dancing fool!


Things I am proud of from 2009!
  • I lost 65 pounds from January through August, which is pretty amazing if you ask me!  Unfortunately I have gained back about 5 pounds over the last couple months... but I will deal with that later!
  • My baby girl learned to crawl, walk, talk and turned one this year!  Its amazing how many milestones children hit in one year.  Can you imagine if we continued to learn at the rate they do?  We would all be b'geniuses!
  • Joe and I celebrated our 5th wedding anniversary...and we even still kinda like each other!
  • My mom turned 50 this year!! Holy crap is she getting old! :) 
  • I read the whole Twilight saga... woohoo!! This is a huge accomplishment for me, as I cannot tell you the last book I read before these! 
Things I am looking forward to in 2010
  •  Hopefully losing another 15 -20 pounds.  Which means I need to stop eating all the horrible things I love, and I need to actually work out when I go to the gym and not just SWAG.  But I know I can do it!
  • Continue to watch Kara grow and learn new things everyday.
  • Improve on my dancing skills. 
  • Get a handle on some of our debt... I hate debt, and I want it to go away forever! 
  • Maybe, just maybe think about adding a second child to our family.  This is dependent on a couple other things...Kara's attitude, and debt.  Based on these things, baby #2 might need to come in 2011, or 2012.
  • Dedicating some time to get some crafts done....maybe I could actually work on some scrapbooking, sewing, crocheting and whatever else my little heart desires! 
  • Spending some good quality time with my husband... I think we need more than 2 date nights this year! 
  • Look at going back to school.... I am kinda worried about this since I haven't been in any kind of school for 9 years!  I would probably be told I need to go back to high school for a few years and re-learn some things before they will accept me into any college! 
  • Work on getting my hair cut more than once this year... I know its a simple thing, but I literally only got one haircut in 2009... how pathetic is that!?!?
 Words to embrace for 2010
"Life is too short to wake up with regrets. So love the people who treat you right. Forget about the ones who don't. Believe everything happens for a reason. If you get a second chance, grab hold of it with both hands. If it changes your life, let it. Nobody said ...life would be easy, they just said it would be worth it."

Happy New Year Everyone!!  Hope 2010 has lots to offer for all of us! 





No comments:

Post a Comment