Monday, February 15, 2010

Valentine's Weekend!

Happy Valentine's Day everyone!! I hope cupid found you and shot you in the heart with one of his love arrows... or whatever it is that he does with those arrows.

Joe and I celebrated Valentine's Day on Saturday. We dropped Kara off with Grandma and Grandpa and headed out for some much needed alone time. Our first stop was the Mall of America, which was horribly busy, probably the busiest I have ever seen it. All I wanted was to go to Maurice's to buy a smaller size pair of jeans, which I did do successfully! GO ME! I also bought 2 new shirts that I just love. After the mall we headed to our hotel to check in, got ready and snapped a few pictures.





Then we headed out for dinner at Muffuletta in St. Paul, and it was oh so delicious!! I had a steak and Joe had Ahi Tuna.. he is much more adventurous than I am!! We went back to the hotel, had some wine and watched Couple's Retreat, which we had to pay $14.99 to rent on the tv.. lame!



It was nice to get away from reality, even if it was only for one night. We needed it!

So, while we enjoyed some adult time Kara stayed with Grandma and Grandpa, where I hear she ate banana pancakes, covered herself in paint and then played at an indoor playground! Here are some pictures of Kara's artwork.. apparently Grandma and Grandpa forgot to mention that she was supposed to paint on the paper...







Kara painted Joe and I some beautiful Valentine's pictures, with help from G&G of course, I will have to post some pictures of them!

Then to finish off the weekend I bought myself a bunch of tulips!



I love tulips because they remind me of spring, and I love spring because it brings fresh air, green grass, and blooming cherry blossom trees. Its probably my favorite season!! I cannot wait until spring finally gets here and we can open the windows and bring Kara to the park to play! But for now, I will just have to settle for my beautiful tulips and daydream about the day that spring will finally arrive!

No comments:

Post a Comment